Solace in the City

Riley and I went out for a walk at 6:30 this morning. Had I known it was going to be so cold I might have stayed in bed. We went around the point where the 3 of us walked earlier this winter. I wish you could have been there with us this morning. The views were breathtaking.

An eerie fog was drifting across the frozen lake as a blaze-orange sun crept over the far shoreline. As the sun rose higher, the fog turned from dreary gray to a soft, glowing orange. New frost glistened on the brittle tree branches. The marina breathed steam across her cooling waters as a pair of loons dove for a morning snack. The neighboring houses and factories no longer existed. They were lost behind mother nature’s winter curtain. I could have stood at the edge of the water for hours but the cold was creeping into my bones. Riley’s coat was covered in frost and icicles poked out from her chin. Wearing smiles, we headed for home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park