More Proof That I Married the Best Man

For all of the times that I hear people complain about the crappy, thoughtless gifts that they get from their significant others, I just have to shake my head and smile. My husband is the most wonderful gift giver. Each Christmas I wonder how he will top the previous year's gift because he sets the bar so high for himself. Well, once again, he left me with tears of happiness on Christmas morning.


First of all, I was under the impression that we were exchanging gifts on Sunday once we got back to the farm. But then on Christmas morning I was told to go upstairs at his parents house and wait until called. I heard a lot of rustling around and then Christian came up the stairs to get me. I was led with my eyes closed to the chair in the living room where I was sat to wait.




When I opened my eyes, the first thing that I noticed was everyone standing in front of me with their cameras out. Now that's not intimidating! And then I noticed the large object underneath the sheet. 


"Okay, pull it off carefully..." Christian instructed.




A spinning wheel! I never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would get a spinning wheel! I know how expensive they are so I didn't even ask for one. We were at a new yarn shop near our house a few months ago and I was asking about spinning lessons but the lady said that I needed by own wheel so I just dropped the idea of learning how to spin. I figured in due time it would happen. Looks like it will be this winter! 


Does this man know me, or what! Gosh, I love him!




PS - The wheel was his Aunt Mary's which makes the gift even more special.



Comments

Melissa said…
Oh my. I was catching up on my blogs and got to this one and it made me laugh and cry at the same time. I'm so happy you have such an awesome husband. This sounds stupid, but it makes me feel better about having a great husband too. Most of my friends are always complaining and then I feel guilty because I'm so lucky.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl