More Winter Weather

Snowstorm/Ice storm Francesca has been pounding us since yesterday morning. Last night I took the dogs out to play fetch and the wind was throwing the icy rain around so hard that it hurt to be in it. Buster wanted to play ball so bad but couldn't stand getting pelted by the hail. I'm guessing that I'll have some wired and antsy dogs on my hands today.


This morning we have huge drifts of snow in our driveway and our tractor (which we use to plow) is conveniently in the shop. My nice husband shoveled out the big drift in front of my car but I still wasn't sure if I would be able to make it down the few country roads to get to the highway. When I got out of the shower, the snow plow went past so I figured I at least had a chance of making it in to work. 


When I finally trudged out to my car, the doors were all iced shut. No matter how hard I pulled, I couldn't get any of the doors open. I heated up a few cups of water then poured it around the door and, surprisingly, the door popped right open!


The night before I had lined my car up in a way that I could get "gun it" to blast through the driveway drifts and out onto the road. The country roads were actually pretty clean but the first highway I had to travel on was terrible. The road looked like it hadn't been plowed but I'm guessing that the snow was just blowing and drifting so fast that the plows couldn't keep up. Luckily, the next highway was better:
Sorry that the sound is so low! My usual 50-minute commute turned into more like 1 1/2 hours. At least I made it, safe and sound. In 9 more hours, I get to drive it in reverse!



Comments

Pretty Things said…
I can't help it -- I'm sad we didn't get any real winter weather this year! Now last year....

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher