What's On Our Menu This Week

We're having a lot of easy meals this week with only two new recipes - the corn and cod cakes and the stone fruit tea cake.



IN REVIEW:
Monday: What's not to love about chili baked in a cast iron skillet and topped with cheesy corn bread.
Tuesday: The black bean soup was actually a curry lentil soup mix that I bought from the natural foods store. I added salsa, cumin, and green onions to give it a mexican bite.
Wednesday: Tasty but I had a hard time keeping the darn things rolled up.
Thursday: This was a quick, throw everything in one skillet meal before I had to run back out the door. We both think it turned out delicious.
Friday: The veggie burgers I made were couscous, lentils, egg, sunflower seeds, onion and carrot. They taste amazing but don't stay together very well. I wonder how I can fix that...
Saturday: I ended up going shopping all day with my mom and Christian was working on a side job so we had leftovers.
Sunday: Every time I make a ham it takes at least 1 1/2 hours longer to cook than recommended. This time I factored in the extra time so we didn't end up eating at 8:30PM. Also, we ended up having potatoes and acorn squash instead of pasta.
Weekend Baking: This recipe was out of Gourmet magazine. I used mango and peach as the fruits which was a mistake. I think it would have been really good if I had used cherries instead. The dough was delicious but the fruit just didn't work.


Comments

Beatriz said…
Hi Kelly! Just wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway! Congrats! Now you can get that dutch oven you've been wanting :) Love that! Let me know your email. You can write me at

thatgirlinpearls@gmail.com

so you can get your giftcard!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
B.

That Girl in Pearls

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl