What's On Our Menu This Week

Have you ever heard of fusilli bucati lunghi? I recently came across it for the first time in Vegetarian Times magazine. The sauce for that particular recipe sounds delicious so I thought I would give it a shot for Sunday's meal.  


While working on our menu yesterday I needed one more meal and couldn't come up with anything. I asked Christian what he wanted and he said hamburgers. He actually wanted the turkey burgers that I make with carrots, peppers, and onions in them but we're going to go with regular beef burgers this time. I'm sure he won't complain. :)




IN REVIEW:
Monday: This was a "cheater" meal. The soup was a mix that I bought at World Market. I wasn't impressed. I should have just started from scratch.
Tuesday: Every time I make this meal I'm impressed with the flavor. Simple is delicious.
Wednesday: The stir-fry didn't turn out as good as I remembered it. Maybe my tastes are changing again. The fresh pineapple was delicious though!
Thursday: The brussel sprouts recipe was from Vegetarian Times magazine. I read the online comments on the recipe beforehand and everyone was raving about it. I was not impressed.
Friday: This recipe was from a Slow-Cooker Vegetarian cookbook I found at the thrift store for $1.50. The meal was pretty good.
Saturday: At the mushroom workshop we were served cream of shiitake soup, oyster mushroom tacos, salad, and mushroom shaped cookies. YUM! 
Sunday: Fun pasta, boring sauce.
Weekend Baking: I didn't make the blackberry crumb cake but I did make cranberry pistachio bars which were amazing! I only used 1 cup of pistachios and added a cup of pepitas. 

Comments

Pretty Things said…
I actually HAVE had that, in Italy! Yum~!
Kelly J. R. said…
Cool! Glad to hear it's tasty. Hopefully I can find it at the grocery store because I would love to try it!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park