What's On Our Menu This Week

This will be a relatively easy cooking week with other people providing two different Easter meals. I think the approaching snow has sucked the spring out of my step.


IN REVIEW:
Monday: The Pakistani Potatoes were just okay - nothing I would ever make again.
Tuesday: Another okay recipe. There's other stir-fries that I like much better.
Wednesday: The last two times I made pizza I used a recipe from Vegetarian Times for a gluten-free crust. The crust tastes good but it's too soft. You have to eat the pizza with a fork.

Thursday: I'm starting to preview quickie meal items for our big camping trip this summer. The Spinach Dal was from Tasty Bite. I mixed the pouch with rice. The flavor was nice but I think it would have been really good with some steamed broccoli stirred in.
Baking: The peanut butter cookies turned out kind of wierd. The recipe came from the back of a package of Bob's Red Mill Teff flour. The cookies were, obviously, made with teff flour and were a bit grainy and not very peanut buttery.
Friday: The Cuban Black Bean Soup was just okay. Kind of boring, actually. I've really been striking out with Vegetarian Times recipes lately.
Saturday: The gluten-free banana pancake recipe was from Healthy Cooking magazine. They were so good! I can't wait to have them again.
Sunday: The cauliflower turned out pretty good. Everyone at the Easter party seemed to enjoy it. The salad had a light, summery feel to it.

Comments

Dionne said…
I love how planned your meals are! And I wanna come over to eat- yummo!
Kelly J. R. said…
Thanks, Dionne! I love planning out our meals on Sunday morning after church. I usually have a cup of tea and some sort of sweet dessert by my side and a huge stack of magazines and cookbooks to browse through.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher