Getting Back into Hiking Shape

Christian and I have a big trip coming up this summer - 2 weeks of hiking in the Canadian Rockies. HEAVEN!


We didn't exactly sit around all winter but we're certainly in no shape to tackle mountains and outrun bears. So, we have about 2 months to whip ourselves into shape. When I walk our dogs during the week I wear weights on my ankles. Then on the weekends we take excursions to hilly spots around central Wisconsin. Last Saturday we went hiking at Maple Hills Recreation Area near Shawano. 


We finally had some warmer, dry weather. Boy, did that sun feel nice! A few woodland wildflowers were blooming - bloodroots and spring beauties. The trillium buds weren't quite open yet. 


I don't know what kind of shrub or tree this is but I love how the leaves throw a little party as they emerge in spring. 


Have you been out hiking this spring? I can't wait to get back out on the trail this weekend.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher