On Our Menu: May 16-22

Christian is getting his wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday. Poor guy! So we'll be eating a lot of soft foods towards the end of the week. I had my wisdom teeth yanked in high school and I remember how out of it I was afterwards due to the pain meds. My mom said I was sitting on the couch drooling on myself. Well, what do you expect - I couldn't feel my lips! I checked out a lot of movies from the library so we'll be taking it easy for a few days.




LAST WEEK'S MENU IN REVIEW: (View the original post here)
Monday: The Vegan Enchiladas were pretty good but the Cilantro Avocado Cream Sauce was amazing! I can see myself making the sauce at least once a month.
Tuesday: This was a throw-all-the-leftovers-together-and-sprinkle-with-Penzeys-Spices meal and it turned out really yummy. I love that!
Wednesday: This was my first time cooking with sole. It's quite flaky and the fillets fell apart. I thought it tasted very similar to tilapia.
Thursday: I really like the Wild Mushroom Risotto recipe because it's made in a slow cooker. I even got a few compliments on it at the potluck.
Friday: I tried out a new gluten-free crust. The recipe was very easy but, just like the other gluten-free crust I make, this one didn't get crispy on the bottom.
Saturday: My mom and I went out for a late lunch and Christian wasn't home for dinner so I just had leftover risotto.
Sunday: You'll see I'm making the scampi on Monday night of this week because I made the ham on Sunday instead. 
Baking: I turned the Carrot Muffins into a coffee cake because I didn't want to mess around with cleaning the muffin tin. I got the recipe out of Good to the Grain and the cake was made with amaranth flour. The flavor was just okay. Kind of earthly and not very sweet.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher