On Our Menu: June 13 - 19

This will be an easy cooking week for me. Tuesday night I'll be eating popcorn at the movies for supper (what, you never do that?) and this weekend Christian will be in Door County installing a solar electric system so I can just cobble together whatever sounds good.




LAST WEEK'S MENU IN REVIEW (View the original post here)
Monday: After our dentist appointments, we headed down the road to our new favorite pizza joint - Glass Nickel Pizza Co. My half was the Santa Fe: BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken, red onion, red pepper and cilantro. YUM!
Tuesday: I know we didn't have shrimp, but for the life of me, I can't remember what we had instead. Yikes.
Wednesday: The Vegetable and Edamame Pasta with Basil Cream Sauce was SO good. I'm planning on making a batch of this ahead of time to eat for lunch on our upcoming vacation.
Thursday: Spicy Mango Scallops - bleh. I'm beginning to think that I don't really like scallops... or mango chutney, for that matter.
Friday: Martha - you did it again. Christian raved about these turkey burgers for days! The Texas Caviar, on the other hand, was nothing to write home about.
Saturday: The chermoula sauce tasted great but it was SO spicy that I could hardly finish my skewers. I had to pour myself a glass of milk to ease the pain and I NEVER drink milk. The grilled pineapple took FOREVER to cook. The glaze was too runny. If I make it again, I would only use 1 Tbsp. pineapple juice (or maybe not any!) and I would use fresh pineapple instead of canned.
Sunday: I was hesitant to make the Black Bean, Quinoa & Citrus Salad because quinoa is not one of my favorite things. I changed a few things about the recipe: I only used one can of black beans, my avocado wasn't ripe so I didn't use it and I simply forgot to add the red pepper. We both agreed that the salad turned out nice anyways and would have made a great meal LAST Sunday when it was 95 degrees outside.

Comments

Pretty Things said…
Mmm, nachos. But now that I have braces on my bottom teeth, eating has taken on a new meaning. SUCH a pain in more ways than one.
Kelly J. R. said…
Oh boy, I've been through the whole braces thing. Not fun! Don't even think about trying to eat a cob of corn unless you want to feel like you're wearing a sweater on your teeth!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park