On Our Menu: July 25 - 31

The hot, heavy air is still upon us. This week I'll be spending a lot of time cooking out on the grill. I'm also trying out three recipes from the Super Natural Every Day cookbook. If the food tastes half as good as it looks in the photos, we're in for a treat. On Sunday we're going to the Union Thresheree which is a big antique tractor show close to our home. The tractor parade is always fun to see and we like watching the guys work in the old sawmill. Also, Sunday is Christian's birthday so I'll be making a special treat for him - Snickers Ice Cream Cake!




LAST WEEK'S MENU IN REVIEW (View the original post here)
Monday: When it's really hot out, we tend to not get very hungry. Also, I was craving veggies after eating camp food for 2 weeks so a salad really hit the spot.
Tuesday: I actually made the Black Bean & Toasted Corn Tacos in the quesadilla maker. They turned out pretty good but not like how I remembered them.
Wednesday: In my opinion, there's nothing like a juicy portobello burger covered in melted swiss cheese. I like to season my mushrooms with Old World seasoning from Penzeys.
Thursday: These Grilled Spice-Rubbed Vidalia Onions were amazing!!! We ate them just by themselves. I had some leftover that I used on a veggie sandwich and they were great that way too.
Friday: Christian was out of town so I had leftovers.
Saturday: More leftovers.
Sunday: And leftovers again. Sure beats cooking! You'll see that I plan on making the Lemon Grilled Zucchini and Tilapia on Monday night of this week.
Baking: Summer baking in the slow cooker - who would have thought?!! I made Apple Pie in the slow cooker and served it with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. Delicious! The recipe came from the current issue of Midwest Living so it's not available online yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher