The BSBP Wild Road

via http://www.prettythingsblog.com/
I love trying new things and my latest is participating in the Bead Soup Blog Party. The lovely Lori Anderson started a bead swap of sorts to challenge jewelry makers and encourage them to think outside the box. When you sign up to participate in the Bead Soup Blog Party, Lori personally pairs you up with another artist somewhere in the world. Once you have your partner, you put together a collection of beads that must include a pretty toggle (not a lobster claw), a focal bead and coordinating beads. Then you mail your beads to your partner and they mail you a collection that they put together. Next you make either a necklace or bracelet out of the beads and post the results on your blog. On the big reveal day, you can blog hop around to see everyone's creations. Over 362 people have signed up for this round of the Bead Soup Blog Party!


Lori paired me up with Sally of Wild Sally Road in Houston, Texas. One of the reasons Sally started her blog was so she can participate in the Bead Soup Blog Party. No pressure there, Kelly!  I admit, I had a little bit of a hard time deciding what to send her. In the end I picked out beads that represent my personality and my love of nature. So as not to ruin the surprise for Sally, here's a distorted glimpse at what I sent:




I received my beads from Sally in the mail yesterday but haven't opened the package yet. I'm waiting to savor and enjoy the moment. I'll share with you soon what I got. 



Comments

Pretty Things said…
That's so cool -- you made a little piece of art there! Looks like a greeting card! And Sally is a doll!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher