On Our Menu: August 15 - 21

Last night I made homemade pizza. 80% of the toppings came straight from our garden. That makes me so very happy. I love knowing where my food comes from and things taste better when you grow them yourself. My grocery bill has been smaller these past few weeks which is another benefit of having a garden.




LAST WEEK'S MENU IN REVIEW (View the original post here)
Monday: The Zucchini-Quinoa Lasagna was SO good! I made it just like the recipe except I used regular (dairy) cheese. Also, I had to make 4 layers of zucchini instead of 3. My "large" zucchini must have been extra-large. I love lasagna but I never make it because it is so high in fat. Did you read the nutritional info for this recipe? 4g of fat! I don't feel guilty about eating this!
Tuesday: The Grilled Corn with Lime & Basil was delicious but I would never eat in the company of someone other than my husband. All of the little slivers of basil get stuck in your teeth! 
Wednesday: Grab a bunch of veggies from the garden, add fajita seasoning, sauté, wrap in a tortilla, smother in salsa. Enjoy.
Thursday: We had a beautiful night for a picnic. Too bad the Fox River stunk so bad. My cookies were a big hit. I'm glad I made a double batch so I had some leftover.
Friday: We went to Christian's cousin's wedding at the Heidel House in Green Lake. The grounds of the resort were beautiful and the gloomy skies held in their rain until after the outdoor ceremony. The reception was held in a stunning log cabin lodge at the Tuscumbia Golf Course where we danced the night away.
Saturday: Christian and I spent the day at a flea market and antique stores. We bought a few treasures but saw so much more that we liked... except for the price tag, that is! For dinner I made pesto from my huge basil plants. I plan on making another batch sometime this week to freeze.
Sunday: Christian mentioned pizza on Saturday and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I made pizza for dinner instead of tacos. The tacos will be made on Tuesday of this week instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher