On Our Menu: August 22 - 28

4 out of the 6 meals I'm cooking this week include zucchini. LOL. Oh golly. Those plants sure are prolific!



LAST WEEK'S MENU IN REVIEW (View the original post here)
Monday: I had a planning meeting at a friend's house and he served Greek food from Niko's Gyros in Appleton. So good! 
Tuesday: The fish tacos turned out really good. I just used a taco seasoning packet on a couple of fillets of tilapia.
Wednesday: Our sweet corn is ripe so we've been enjoying it a few times a week. 
Thursday: The Grilled Scallion Wraps were really tough to chew. We had to cut the wraps into little tiny pieces with a steak knife. The flavor was pretty good but 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce per wrap was way too much.
Friday: The shish-ka-bobs turned into more of a stir-fry on the grill. Much easier that way!
Saturday: Hawaiian-Style Sweet & Sour Roasted Pineapple - still one of my all-time favorite Vegetarian Times recipes.
Sunday: I was going to grill out but some scattered showers changed my plans. Instead, I ran out to the garden and grabbed a handful of basil and cherry tomatoes. I tossed them with some pasta and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!
Baking: I hadn't planned on baking anything this week but when I saw this recipe for Fresh Strawberry Cobbler, I couldn't resist. I had some nectarines to use up so I made the cobbler with 2 cups strawberries and 2 cups nectarines. We both loved it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher