On Our Menu: August 29 - September 5

Going back to work on Monday after a nice weekend is never fun. But when your husband sends a beautiful arrangement of summer flowers to your office, everything seems that much better.




Our one year anniversary was yesterday but Christian worked most of the day so we're celebrating today instead. Although, we did go out for ice cream last night at the same place we visited after we said our vows... I was kicking myself for not bringing the camera. I think we may have just started a tradition. It would be fun to take an anniversary photo there every year. Maybe we'll have to go back this weekend and fake it. 


After work today we're heading to my favorite Asian restaurant, Gingerootz. Mmmmmm... 




LAST WEEK'S MENU IN REVIEW (View the original post here)
Monday: The grilled zucchini spears were like fat french fries (Christian's words)... just not as tasty. I should have doubled the spices. I have a Wisconsin seasonal cookbook that's been handy in coming up with different ideas for cooking zucchini.
Tuesday: The Spaghetti with Zucchini & Lemon recipe came out of the Wisconsin cookbook as well. The pasta turned out really, really good. I think the original recipe is from the Moosewood Restaurant cookbook but I'm not certain. Christian said, "Zucchini again?" I said, "Uh huh, and we're having it at least 3 more times this week!"
Wednesday: Not a good night grilling. The wind was blowing so hard that the gas flames kept getting snuffed out. Then I dropped a burger while flipping it. Then I ran out of propane. Sigh. It was just one of those nights. At least the Beef & Black Bean Burgers tasted good! I served them topped with pickled jalapenos and salsa.
Thursday: Check out my Friday post about the Corn & Tortellini toss.
Friday: I made a big batch of pesto to keep the basil from bolting. I froze all but a 1/2 cup then used that to slather on a homemade pizza crust. I topped it off with mushrooms, red onion, bell pepper and yes, zucchini! We both loved it.
Saturday: I ended up going to my grandparent's place on the lake where half of my mom's side of the family was also spending the day. We pushed a few picnic tables together so everyone would fit then had a nice outdoor dinner of brats, sweet corn, green beans, fresh tomatoes, brownies and zucchini bread. It was a perfect meal.
Sunday: I whipped up some burritos with veggies I pulled out of the garden then we sped off to Scoopers for an ice cream dessert. I had raspberry ice cream AND double chocolate chunk in a waffle cone. I ate way too much but it was worth it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher