Gearing Up for Our Annual Autumn Trip

In a few more weeks Christian and I will be heading up to the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness area in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Every autumn we hike the leaf-littered trails past tranquil rivers and astounding vistas. This year we'll spend 4 days in the backcountry, backpacking close to 11 miles a day and spending our nights in cozy rustic cabins. I'm counting down the days until our boots hit the dirt. In the meantime, I pulled up some photos from previous trips to reminisce about our time in the Porkies.


Do you have a favorite place to visit as the leaves change and the weather cools?

Comments

Pretty Things said…
That photo of the rocks? Love. I SO want to find a heart-shaped rock one day.
Kelly J. R. said…
Thanks, Lori! That Lake Superior shoreline would be the place to look for a heart-shaped rock. We like to just sit there and look through all the pretty colors and shapes.
Debbie said…
Great photography! I love fall but am not a fan of what comes after. I am from upstatEe NY and we get lovely mix of coloring and shades each year. I go to a local park that has a place to sit alongside a river and love to see from week to week the changes in the leaves and nature.. Now that kids are not frequenting the park I love to see the wildlife come out.
Kelly J. R. said…
Thanks for the comment, Debbie. I love snow but don't like the bitter cold. I like winter as long as the temps are above 20 degrees. I guess I just really enjoy the changing seasons and the different natural beauty that each one brings. But autumn is by far my favorite. I just wish it would last a little longer. It seems like it goes bye in the blink of an eye. Your little getaway in the park sounds really nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher