On Our Menu: October 24 - 30

I haven't done one of these in awhile because I was busy preparing dried meals for our trip to the Porkies. A lot of people ask what we eat on our backpacking trips. Well, let me tell you - we eat well and we eat A LOT! You wouldn't believe how many calories you can burn hiking 12 miles with a 30 pound pack on your back. I dehydrate all of our meals ahead of time and they really do taste great. On this trip for dinners we had beef stroganoff, tamale pie (cornbread cooks on top of chili), and a chicken and rice dish. My favorite backpacking cookbook is Lipsmackin' Backpackin'. The meals have big portions and taste great because you start by dehydrating fresh veggies, fruits and meats.




LOL. See me in the photo?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park