On Our Menu: October 3 - 9

I had high hopes for the two recipes I tried last week from the Real Simple cookbook. The Spiced Mini Burgers with Couscous Salad were pretty good but nothing extraordinary. Christian thought it was too salty and I didn't even use as much salt as the recipe called for. Also, the hummus was unnecessary. I think I would have like the Tortellini with Eggplant and Peppers a lot better had I not put the fresh parsley on.  Even though I wasn't impressed by the two new recipes I tried from the cookbook, it still holds some all-time favorites like Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp and Cool Southwestern Salad with Corn & Avocado.


This week's menu has already changed from when I took the picture. Instead of Black Bean & Cheese Quesadillas, tonight we're having mushroom quesadillas with oyster mushrooms that I grew myself! I plan on writing a post in the future about the whole journey of growing mushrooms. It's very interesting so stay tuned!



Comments

oh, that cilantro avocado cream sauce has me drooling! sounds delicious!
Kelly J. R. said…
It IS delicious! Here's the recipe if you would like to give it a shot:
http://ohsheglows.com/2011/05/04/vegan-enchiladas-with-cilantro-avocado-cream-sauce-2/
Kathy said…
I made a similar dish to the tortellini recipe you mentioned. This recipe that I made has spinach in it, yum! Maybe you would like that better than the fresh parsley? It also had lemon in it.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher