On Our Menu: November 7 - 13

I was pretty ambitious last week and tried 4 new recipes. The Mushroom & Black-Eyed Pea Ragout was hearty, rich and the perfect meal for colder weather. I served it on Parmesan Polenta which was the easiest polenta I've ever made. The polenta bakes in the oven and you have to only stir it once! The other really good new recipe I tried was Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Oil-Free Walnut Chip Brownies. You gotta love a healthy brownie that actually tastes good! I'm not a fan of nuts in my brownies so I used 1/3 C. peanut butter chips and 1/3 C. chocolate chips instead.


And with good new recipes come the bad...
The Thai Curried Noodles with Broccoli & Tofu just didn't taste like anything. Every now and then I would get a hint of flavor but then it would disappear. The other boring recipe I tried was Crispy Cherry-Almond Cereal Bars. Maybe these would be better if you doubled the amount of cherries and almonds in the recipe but I still don't think they would be worth the effort. 


This week we're all about the comfort foods again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher