On Our Menu: December 26 - January 1

Last week I tried a recipe for slow-cooker lasagna and I wish I hadn't. I was intrigued by the recipe because you put the noodles in uncooked. Well, some of the top noodles did not cook all the way through and my filling was a soupy mess. There was no way to scoop the lasagna out of the cooker without it all falling apart. So, if you like lasagna soup, go ahead and make this recipe. 


My brother got me a cast iron grill pan with panini press for Christmas so I'm looking forward to cooking with that this week. I'm going to make portobello burgers on Thursday and a chickpea, beet and apple panini on Saturday. Last night I made ham steaks in the new pan and it worked great! 


Did you get any fun new kitchen gadgets that you're excited to try?




Comments

Kathy said…
Looks like a fun gadget, Kelly! I got a griddle, and was so pleased b/c I've been wanting one for a long time but just never bought one for myself. Made pancakes on it yesterday. And I'm fairly certain there will be grilled cheese on the menu at some point this week! My health-conscious son made sure that they got the griddle with the grease drip-pan! HA!
Kathy said…
Kelly, I'm glad you like your new necklace! You have a thoughtful husband!
Kelly J. R. said…
Ooooo - a griddle is a nice gift! We don't have one of those but we have a big grill pan that covers 2 burners on the stove. It's so nice to be able to make all of the grilled cheese sandwiches at once!

And, yes, I have a very thoughtful husband. He had a little bit of help though. ;)
Lori Anderson said…
I gave that exact pan to my oldest stepson this Christmas!
coffeeaddict said…
I got a bamboo steamer I've been wanting for years...the problem is I need a wok now too ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher