On Our Menu: February 6 - 12

First off, let me say thank you to everyone who left such kind words and sentiments on my Riley posts. I'm sure that a part of me will always miss her but I am so thankful to have Buster to fill some of that void. The sun was shining for most of the weekend and it was nice to get out of the house and enjoy the warm weather. On Saturday we got some much-needed exercise and went for a hike close to home.


Pigeon River near Clintonville, Wisconsin


Last week was super emotional but I did manage to try a few new recipes:


Tortilla-crusted Stuffed Portobello Burgers. This recipe came from a cookbook my mom gave me: Veggie Burgers Every Which Way. You bake small portobello mushrooms then sandwich a mixture of queso fresco, cilantro, and black beans in between two 'shrooms. You then dip the "burgers" in flour, egg, then crushed tortillas chips. Fry a little bit and finish in the oven. Top with salsa and cilantro. They were very good and it was nice to have a twist on the usual portobello burgers that I make.


The second new recipe I tried (which my husband loved) was Clementine & Five-Spice Chicken. The house smelled wonderful as the orange sauce was simmering on the stove. A little bit of Chinese five-spice powder goes a long way! The sauce is very healthy and made from the juice of clementines which reduces down to a nice syrup as it simmers. This recipe will definitely be made again.


Here's what's on our menu this week:





Comments

coffeeaddict said…
this period will certainly be difficult, grieving is a process. I was usually able to find comfort in routine.
The first photo is so beautiful, I can almost smell the crisp fresh snow!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher