On Our Menu: April 16 - 22

Image from www.tempehshop.com
Have you ever had tempeh? We tried it for the first time last week when I made Peas, Carrots, and Tempeh with Miso-Almond sauce (a Vegetarian Times recipe). I have to admit, the compressed, fermented block of soybeans looked pretty nasty but after cutting it into small chunks and sauteing it until a nice crisp crust formed, I could have sworn that the tempeh was meat! I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for more recipes that use this interesting ingredient. If you have a tempeh recipe that you love, please share!


Here's what I'm cooking this week:







Comments

CraftyHope said…
I've vaguely heard of tempeh before but never really knew what it was. It sounds very interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled to see if I can find some around here. Thanks for the recommendation!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher