PB Birthday Treat

I brought a little birthday treat in to work on Thursday to celebrate Buster's big day with my co-workers. (It was really just an excuse to make dessert.)


I used this Mini Peanut Butter Cups in a Jar recipe. I doubled the recipe to make a total of 10 individual treats. This desert was very easy to put together and healthy!  First you toss some graham crackers, coconut oil, and cocoa in the food processor and blend until crumbly. Put a few Tbsp. in each cup (I used plastic cups instead of jars) and press the mixture down with your fingers.


I would not recommend that brand of graham crackers. Bleh!


Next you put the gloppy filling ingredients (tofu, PB, maple syrup, etc.) into the food processor and whir until smooth. I was tasting the filling as I mixed and thought it needed to be more peanut-buttery so I added a few handfuls of whole peanuts. Perfect!




At this point I was ready for bed and didn't want to melt chocolate for the top of the cups so I just ground up some dark chocolate chips and sprinkled them on top. Works for me!




So there you have it! A quick, healthy, yummy treat that's perfect to share on a special occasion. 

PS - You can easily turn this recipe into a pie!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher