Cocktail Hour Blog Hop Reveal

Amy from Copper Diem organized a fun beading challenge and I just had to join in. Each participant was assigned a cocktail then had to create a piece of jewelry inspired by that cocktail. My cocktail is:


Gimlet

Huh? I'm a beer drinker so I had no idea what a gimlet is. LOL. Thanks to the awesome world wide web, I learned that a gimlet is made with either gin or vodka and lime juice. As with all recipes, there's a ton of variations but the information I wanted most for my necklace design was the colors found in a gimlet: clear and lime green.


I immediately knew I wanted to use some big green nut beads that I bought in January from none other than our blog hop host, Amy!




These beads would perfectly represent limes so my whole design started there. I brainstorm better on paper so I sketched an idea for a necklace then headed off to my local bead store to find some gimlet-y beads.




I was very excited to find some clear glass "ice cubes":




And a cute little "lime leaf":




Add the limes...




And you have a gimlet necklace!





I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's a great necklace for summer!


Hop on over to the other blogs and see what they mixed up:


Hostess:  Copper Diem

Adventures with Kelly (You are here!)

Comments

coffeeaddict said…
Wow! What a cute piece. I do love your creative process, I rarely sketch jewellery designs, maybe I'll give it a try.
Patti Van said…
This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing your process! I do not sketch either (I should!)! But your ingredients mixed up a perfect necklace!
Cool and delicious just like the real thing! Thanks for sharing.
Alice said…
I love it! The beads you chose are just perfect for your assigned cocktail (which I've never heard of). Those icecube beads are fabulous, and the touches of green really finish the piece nicely. Cute!!!
Julie Anne said…
Oh wow, I love, love, love it. I would have never thought to buy those beads (I wouldn't have had the slightest idea how to use them) but they are fab!
Cilla said…
Cool and refreshing necklace! I didn't know what gimlet was either but I think I may have to try it! Love your green beads too! Great work.
SueBeads said…
Perfect! Couldn't get a better interpretation! I love it! And, thank you for showing your drawing, it's so great that you do that! I really should too, I'm sure it helps with the process!
SilverNikNats said…
Such a fab design!
Copper Diem said…
That is such a clever design (and I'm glad you liked those lime beads LOL). I love how you did the ice and the limes - so cute! Thanks for hopping!
Jenny said…
so cute! I love the lime and ice cube beads.
Kashmira said…
Refreshing! Those ice cubes are perfect!
Alicia said…
Of course you're happy - this is as delicious as it gets! The lime beads are perfect... and those 'ice cubes'... beautiful!
jenna said…
So many great Summer pieces coming from this challenge! Yours is perfectly refreshing! Thanks for sharing the design process,too.
Andrea said…
You are so organized with the way you design. I love what you came up with it. I don't think I would ever drink a green drink, but I would definitely wear your necklace.
Firefly Visions said…
Great interpretation of the drink. Love the ice cubes beads that you were able to find. And the 'lime' beads that you had in your stash were perfect.
Your Gimlet necklace is great! I love the ice beads. I wish I was able to draw out my designs. Such a fun piece.
Sonya
You did such a nice job. Love the ice cubes!!
BahamaDawn said…
fantastic interpretation of your cocktail which turned into a beautiful bracelet!
Those ice cube beads are fabulous, your necklace looks really refreshing, just like the drink!
Deb x
Elisabeth said…
Loooove it! those ice cube-y beads you found are awesome!
pam ferrari said…
Wow! I love this necklace. The ice chips are so cool. Nice Job.
Pretty Things said…
Absolutely LOVE it! And I so love your sketching.
Kristen said…
What a fun and fabulous piece! I love your sketching and how it worked so well to the picture. I may need to try a gimlet!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl