On Our Menu: May 21 - 27

Last week's menu was mostly about the mushrooms, but I did harvest a different vegetable: rhubarb! I planted rhubarb in our garden three years ago and this year I was finally able to harvest a batch. I love rhubarb in baked goods so I made a Rhubarb-Lemon Coffee Cake. It turned out to be the perfect combination of sweet and sour. 




One other new (unplanned) recipe that I snuck in last week was Lemon Couscous with Broccoli. This was a very easy side dish that made a nice amount so we had leftovers. You saute the broccoli in a large pan, add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, cover then let sit until the couscous is done. So easy! The dish went great with rosemary-garlic crusted pork chops.


Here's what I'm cooking this week:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl