On Our Menu: May 28 - June 3

Oops. I guess I'm a little late with our menu this week. That's what a 4-day weekend will do to ya! We spent 2 days of the weekend planting the garden. All of the little seedlings that I started indoors finally made their way out into the big, scary world. Sadly, Mother Nature was very cruel on Monday and pounded the little plants with marble-size hail and 60 mph winds. All of the tomatoes were killed and a few of the other veggies. So much for trying to get a jump on the growing season! Now I'll have to direct sow and hope for the best.

Today I had jury duty but at the last minute (before the trial started) new evidence was introduced so the trial was rescheduled. That was still considered serving so now my name can't come up for 4 more years. I served on a jury about 5 years ago and the process was very interesting. The trial itself was a really horrible domestic abuse case but I enjoyed learning more about our justice system and experiencing a trial in person. Have you ever served on a jury? For some reason the courts really like me because I've been called to serve 4 times!

Here's what's cookin' at our house:


PS - Last week I tried a new recipe that was very good: Pasta with Pistachios, Meyer Lemons, and Broccoli. The parsley, mint and pistachio pesto has a little kick to it due to the red pepper flakes but we loved the interesting new take on your typical pesto pasta. Note: I did not have a meyer lemon so I just used 4 Tbsp. regular lemon juice instead. Turned out great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl