Thrifty Thursday - Polka Dot Dress

A few weeks ago I was at an antique/rummage sale in the country a few miles from our farm. I was checking out some vintage dresses when the lady running the sale asked me if I like polka dots. (I've loved polka dot dresses every since seeing Julia Roberts in that stunning brown dress in the movie Pretty Woman.) I told the lady "Yes, I do like polka dots!" She replied that she had the perfect dress for me in the house and to sit tight while she went and got it. I don't normally buy clothes without trying them on but I really liked the dress so for the mere price of $4 I took a chance that it would fit. Well, it does fit and I love it. The fabric is so light and flow-y. What do you think of my thrifty find?




The dress is sleeveless and this particular day was a little chilly so I added a jean jacket and a light scarf - both thrifted as well. My whole outfit cost around $14. I love a good deal! 


In other news, I tried out a totally different nail color: yellow! I think everyone I saw that day commented on my nails. 




I really like the color and think it's just perfect for summer.

Comments

Amy Powell said…
I just did yellow nail polish for the first time this week too! it's so fun & happy :)

and cute polka dots!
Kathy said…
Julia Roberts in the brown polka dot dress stirred up my love of polka dots too. My favorite bikini I ever had was navy with white tiny polka dots. I am thrilled to see polka dots coming back in this year!! Although I won't be wearing anymore bikinis, I will be on the lookout for some polka dots!

You look adorable and so stylish in your thrift store finds! There is a nonprofit in our area that puts on a thrift store fashion show for a fundraiser each year. Neat idea, huh?
coffeeaddict said…
Love how you styled the dress, casual and fun.
Tima Murrell said…
Maybe THAT is where I fell in love with polka dots. I love the movie. Love, love that dress. So glad that it fit.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher