On Our Menu: July 23 - 29

Last Saturday I went to a food festival in Green Bay. While there I picked up a cooking class schedule from the local technical college. This fall they are offering a "Knife Skills" class. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to slice and dice with rapid precision like real chefs do? I'm not sure if that's something that can be taught in a six hour class but I bet I would learn a lot of other helpful techniques. Have you ever taken a class like that before?


Yesterday I tried a delicious new recipe called Grilled-Pork Banh Mi. The sandwich is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. And since I've been trying to limit my time at the stove because it's been so darn hot out (and in - no AC), this was a nice quick recipe on the grill - less than 10 minutes! It also uses cucumber which, if you could see in our fridge right now, we have an overabundance of.


Here's what I'm making this week:



Comments

Melissa Blake said…
Yummy -- you can never go wrong with a summer salad! xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park