Yarn Along - Rocco and The Happiness Project

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



This picture was too funny not to post. I take a lot of photos out on our deck because the light is good. But since we've gotten the kittens, my photography has become a bit more challenging! The 3 little rascals always want to be the center of attention.

Knitting: Rocco the Raccoon Hand Puppet
Last week I stumbled across some furry-looking yarn on clearance so I decided to finally knit up this pattern that I've had saved for a very long time.
Yarn: Moda Dea Silk'n Wool Blend in Pewter held with NY Yarns Wild Thing.
Pattern: Rocco the Raccoon by Sherry Graziano

Reading: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
I am loving this book and it has been a real eye-opener to me in some aspects. For instance, Gretchen talks about wanting more energy so she takes a good look at how much sleep she's getting and decides it's not enough. Well, since I got married and moved out to the country, I went from getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night to 6-7. I've been cranky and irritable ever since. It never occurred to me that I wasn't getting enough sleep. I already go to bed at 9 PM so I asked my boss if I could come into work an hour later. He gladly obliged and in just one week's time of getting an extra hour of sleep every night, I've noticed a difference!


In other knitting news, I finished my arm warmers and I love them!


Comments

Hi, I'm Vicki said…
oooooooh cute kitty, and i LOVE those arm warmers - they look so cosy!!! have a knitty wednesday xxx
Natalie Buehler said…
Love the arm warmers, beautiful colours and pattern.
x
Victoria said…
I love that you included the photo with your feline interloper!!
Anke said…
That's a great photo! Could never happen at my house, the dogs see the camera and literally run and hide.;-)
Lydia said…
Pretty kitty! Orange cats are my favorite. Love those arm warmers.
Olga said…
I agree, It would be a waste not to post this pic! :) your kitten looks like he's arguing something :)
great warmers!

xxx
Olga

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park