Yarn Along: Little Bear and Prodigal Summer

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.





Knitting: Little Bear Hat and Mittens
My husband's cousin will be having her first child later this winter. They are keeping the gender secret so I was a little perturbed about what to knit them. I started thinking about what kind of people they are and they both love to hunt and enjoy spending time outdoors. When I saw a pattern for a little bear hat and mittens I knew it would be perfect for their little one.
Yarn: Spud & Chloe Sweater in Root Beer and Toast colorways. 
Pattern: Bear and Panda Hat and Mitts by Linda Cyr

Reading: Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
I'm re-reading this one (a favorite!) because it's our book club pick for this month. I just love how Kingsolver's words draw me right into her stories.



Don't forget to register for your chance to win my hand-knit apple sweater. Click HERE for details and good luck!

Comments

sustainablemum said…
That hat looks lovely hope they like it!
Anke said…
What a cute little hat! I'm sure they'll love it.
wifemomknitter said…
That hat and glove set is stinkin' cute!
Amy Caroline said…
Oh those hats are so cute! I think I am going to have to knit one for my baby!
karen said…
I think that hat in that color is the perfect solution to be gender neutral! Clever :)
EMMA said…
cute little hat! Great book, love the way all the 'stories' come together ever so slightly.
Sylvia said…
Very cute hat! They will love it!
Angela said…
Great color for a gender- neutral gift. They will love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl