On Our Menu: December 10 - 16

Winter is finally here - we got our first snowfall! I love how clean, bright and cheery everything looks. Now we just need a few more inches so I can go snowshoeing! 

I recently tried two new recipes. (Click the title for the recipe link)

Maple-Balsamic Tempeh with Chestnuts & Golden Onions
I couldn't find jarred chestnuts so I used canned whole water chestnuts and they worked just fine. The taste of this dish was okay but not something that I'll make again. Also, it uses two packages of tempeh so it was rather expensive to make.

Feta Shrimp Tacos
What a great way to use up leftover red cabbage! We love Mexican food and this was a unique twist on our usual dishes. Very easy to make and great taste.


Here's what's on our menu this week:


Thursday is the first of many holiday parties. This one is a pot-luck. Lately my go-to dish for parties has been Szechuan Black-Eyed Pea Salad. It travels well and is a nice, healthy alternative to all of the other yummy but fattening foods that appear this time of year. Do you have a go-to dish?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher