On Our Menu: December 17 - 25

Are you ready for the holiday parties to begin? We actually had our first of 6 last week already. Our goal for this week is to eat a lot of veggies in preparation for all of the heavy foods and sweets we'll be eating over the long weekend. 

Last week I tried 2 new recipes. (Click the title for the recipe link)

Linguine with Clam-Free Sauce
Arame (kelp) is used in this vegetarian dish to represent the clam taste in the sauce and the chopped mushrooms almost look like clams. The sauce was creamy and good. I used regular milk in the recipe and slivered almonds instead of pine nuts.

Baked Mac Oh Geez
This is a vegan version of mac and cheese therefore, no actual cheese is used. Instead, an interesting combination of nuts, milk, and spices make the cheese sauce, and you know what, it's good! My mac turned out with a purplish tint. I couldn't find brazil nuts so I used some walnuts and almonds instead. Maybe the walnuts made the sauce purple? I don't know. In any case, we both enjoyed this recipe.


Here's what I'm cooking this week:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher