Snow Day

Yesterday we were pummeled all day long with heavy snow and gusty winds. A blizzard in all it's glory. I have never seen a winter storm close not just schools, but so many other businesses and events. By early afternoon, almost everything was shut down. I woke up at 4AM with good intentions. I was going to go into work early and leave mid-day before the roads got too bad for the hour-long commute home. After showering and packing up my work things, something in my gut told me just to stay home. I am lucky to work at a place that cares about my safety and is understanding in these matters. So, I took a snow day. And what's a snow day without building a goofy snowman!


I spent most of the day cleaning and knitting but by late afternoon I was starting to get a little stir crazy. I bundled up and headed outside. Buster had a blast catching snowballs that I tossed his way. Meanwhile, Christian played on the tractor clearing heavy snow from our driveway.


I'm so happy that we finally have some snow on the ground. More, please! We want to go snowshoeing!

Comments

Kathy said…
Wow, that's a lot of snow! All we have here in VA is flurries for the first day of winter. Enjoy and stay safe!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park