On Our Menu: January 28 - February 3

Last Sunday I had planned on making Lemon-Thyme Turkey in the crockpot but I forgot to get the turkey out of the freezer. Oops! So, the turkey is finally defrosting and now we're planning on having it this Friday. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever done something like that. 

Last week I tried 2 new recipes. (click the title for the recipe link)

Salmon with Toasted Israeli Couscous
This recipe was nice because everything cooked in one pot but the flavor just wasn't that great. The couscous was bland and I can think of better ways to use up some of the salmon from our fishing trip. I wouldn't recommend trying this.

Mexican Corn-and-Poblano Soup
A lot of times I don't try Martha Stewart recipes because they are too fussy but this soup came together very quickly and it's loaded with veggies. It's not the most appealing-looking soup but we both loved the rich, smoky flavor. You char onions, scallions, and poblanos in a cast iron skillet then puree the onions and corn in a blender to make a creamy soup base. 


This is what I'm cooking this week:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher