On Our Menu: January 7 - 13

I haven't posted a menu in a few weeks but that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking! 

Here are a few recipes I've recently tried. (click the title for the recipe link)

Chile-Lime Veggie Noodles
A new favorite for sure! I don't have a wok so I used a large skillet. Instead of trying to make an omelette and then cutting it apart, I just scrambled the eggs. The flavor of this dish is great - rivals any take-out menu and doesn't leave you parched from too much sodium! 

Chipotle Black Bean Chili
A nice, hearty vegetarian chili. I skipped the tortilla strip monkey-business. I also didn't have any chipotle peppers in adobo so I used chipotle powder and that worked just fine. I saved half of the recipe to make:

Stacked Black Bean Enchilada Pie
(Made with half of the Chipotle Black Bean Chili) What an easy recipe! Just add some corn and cheese to the chili, layer the mix between some tortillas and bake! 

Hoisin-Glazed Tempeh with Green Beans and Cashews
If you like Asian dishes in brown sauce then this is a recipe for you! The green beans stay nice and crisp and the cashews add just the right amount of crunch. I served this with buckwheat soba noodles. 


Here's what I'm cooking this week. Nothing too crazy since I have a lot of evening meetings to attend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher