Yarn Along: The Hat from Hell and Sweetgum Ladies


I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: The Hat from Hell
This hat was supposed to be my husband's Christmas present 2 years ago! He wanted a hat that the wind wouldn't blow through. The first hat was too bulky and he looked like a Russian in the depths of a Siberian winter. I then found a hat that is knit like a giant sausage and one end is stuffed inside of the other making it a double-layered hat. Again, he looked like a Russian not to mention my gauge was WAY off so the hat would have fit Bigfoot. Many, many variations later, I think we almost have a hat that we both like. I'm going to tuck the bottom end up inside the hat so it will be double-layered over his ears. Gosh, I hope this works!
Yarn: Bernat Mosaic 
Pattern: You don't want the pattern, trust me!

Reading: The Sweetgum Ladies Knit for Love by Beth Pattillo
This is part 2 of a series. I didn't read part one but the characters are explained well so I have been able to figure out what happened in the first book. This book reminds me of a Blossom Street novel which I love.

I finished the Bear Hat I was working on last time I posted. I haven't decided if I'm going to knit the mitts that go along with it.


Comments

Lori ann said…
what a cute bear hat! i hope your first hat turns out the way you want, it looks great from here.
i am off to look for that book now! thank you for the recommendation.
Lisa said…
I love the bear! Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog,

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher