Yarn Along: Twined Knitting and Driving Sideways


I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Twined Knit Fingerless Mitts
Right now I'm taking a class at my local yarn shop, The Copper Llama, to learn twined knitting. Twined knitting is an heirloom technique from Sweden that creates a double-layered piece. You knit with 2 different strands of yarn and for each stitch, you are picking up the opposite stitch than what you last knit from underneath that strand which creates a twist. Follow that? Probably not but that's okay. Because you have to pick up a different strand for each stitch the going is slow but the results are beautiful.
Yarn: Cascade 220 in Colorways 9471 and 9465B 
Pattern: Supplied for the class participants

Reading: Driving Sideways by Jess Riley
Driving Sideways is our book club pick for next month. It's a re-read for me but Jess' style of writing is so witty and sarcastic that the book is still a treat to read a second time around. Jess is also a local author so that makes the read all the sweeter. The main character in the book receives a kidney transplant and thinks she is channeling her donor because some of her personality traits and likes and dislikes change.

Comments

Kerry Cogan said…
I'm definitely intrigued by twined knitting--definitely something I'll have to research more of!
Mrs. Mallard said…
I have a twined hat that my mom knit me. I love it. Someday I would like to learn how to do it. I hope you post the mitts when they are done!
Hi Kelly,
Sounds like a really intersting title, loving the color of the yarn you chose!
(I also want to thank you for your kind words on my blog)
Happy Sunday.
Lori ann said…
i have wanted to try this, i would love to take a class. lovely color of your gloves!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher