Bitter Cold

Last week here in Central Wisconsin our high temps that didn't even reach 0 degrees. But that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was that the windchill was at -20 to -30 degrees. In true Wisconsin fashion, if you don't like the weather you just need to wait a little while. Sure enough, on Tuesday of this week we were on the verge of breaking the record HIGH temps (we almost hit 50 degrees) and I drove to work in a thunderstorm and pouring rain. 

But now the bitter cold is back. Yesterday we once again had windchill advisories of -20 and -30. When it's that's cold I don't dare take Buster out for a walk because I worry of damaging his precious little pink paws. This morning was a little better (7 degrees with a -10 windchill) so I bundled up in my marshmallow snow pants and fur hat and we braved the cold for a little exercise. The boogers in my nose instantly turned to ice and the wind-forced tears froze in mid-drip down my cheeks.  Ah, Wisconsin...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl