Yarn Along: Grove Mitts & Driving Sideways


I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Grove Mittens
I finished the first mitt quite awhile ago but I'm ready to finally tackle the second one. This is a slow knit with each row requiring a lot of focus and concentration so it's not something that I can work on while watching TV.
Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Linus in Colorway 445 
Pattern: Grove by Jared Flood (one of my favorite designers!)

Reading: Driving Sideways by Jess Riley
I just finished Driving Sideways this morning and we're discussing it at book club tonight. I can't wait to hear what other people thought about it.  

I finished Christian's hat. It only took me about 6 tries to get something that I liked. LOL.


I knitted the hat long and folded the extra length up into the inside so a double layer would be over the ears. Then the stitched the hat closed. I kind of like how that turned out!


If I had the patience, I would have ripped out the ribbing one more time and decreased a few stitches to get the hat tighter around the ears. Oh well. I told Christian that if he doesn't like the hat I'm keeping it for myself!


Comments

Anke said…
The mittens may be slow going, but they are so worth it. The pattern is beautiful! Love the hat, too. Great idea doubling it up to keep ears warm. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park