Yarn Along: Road Fever Lily


I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: Lily Cardigan
I haven't finished the Grove Mitts or the Twined Fingerless Mitts but, hey, why not start another project! LOL. I actually needed a mindless knit for a long car ride and that's the real reason I started this project. This will be my first fitted garment and I'm a little worried about getting it to fit right.  
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers in Colorway 2425 (love this color!) 
Pattern: Lily by by Lene Holme Samsøe

Reading: Road Fever by Tim Cahill
I just finished this book and would only give it 2 out of 5 stars.  In the late '80's two guys attempt to break the world record for driving from the southernmost tip of South America to the northernmost tip of North America. They complete the trip in just under 24 days. There's not a lot to write about when you're stuck in a truck for 24 straight days. It's not like they were stopping to see the sights along the way. 

Instead of this book I would recommend the book that I read previous to this one which is one of the best books I've read in a long time: Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal by Conor Grennen. In this true story the author changes from an arrogant, self-centered kid into a compassionate young adult. Before settling into a career, Conor sets out on a year-long trip around the world. In a ploy to pick up chicks, he signs up to volunteer for a few months at an orphanage in Nepal. With no past experience working with kids, Conor is in over his head. The children quickly grab hold of his heart leaving the author with a strong desire to make a forgotten corner of the world a little better place. Conor holds nothing back in his writing. He shares his most intimate thoughts: his doubts, fears, and shortcomings. He never glorifies his work yet a man who has accomplished such an amazing feat deserves to be called a superhero.

Comments

What a gorgeous colour!
Lori ann said…
lily is such a pretty pattern. what an adventure t.c. did, although it might be alot better to take it slower, getting out of the car too!
Karen Sue said…
Great color and sweater! I'm sort of in knitting limbo right now waiting for a break in life to give me longer knitting chunks. Checked this out on Ravelry and good luck! Don't think I'm brave enough for those top leaf thingies! But can't wait to see yours!
SOmetimes you just get stuck in a book ...I used to be in a book club and I was the young one. One of my older reading friends told me..there are too many good books out there to waste time reading something that just doesn't appeal to you. I read stuff with them that I wouldn't have picked out, but ended up enjoying, but the Get Out Of This Book Free card was issued that day!!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher