On Our Menu: March 18 - 24

Even though I didn't post a menu last week that doesn't mean I haven't been busy cooking! Here are a few new recipes that I tried. (click the title for the recipe link)

Quick and Easy Chinese Orange Beef
Craving Chinese take-out? Make this instead! This recipe comes together very quickly and the flavor is delicious. We don't eat a lot of red meat in our house but this dish was worth it! I served the beef on basmati rice for a nice, filling meal. I think it would have been nice with a side of edamame too. The recipe calls for flank steak but I used a top round steak because it was $2/pound cheaper. The top round steak worked out great. Follow the blog's tip in freezing the meat for 15 min. for easy slicing!

Slow-Cooker Moroccan Lentil Soup
I love slow-cooker recipes, especially when you just dump all the ingredients into the crock, set the temp., wait 8 hours, then enjoy! This soup is loaded with fresh veggies but I didn't think it tasted very "Moroccan". Oh well. Did we eat all of it? Yes. Would I make it again? No.

Chicken Coconut Curry
This is another Eating Well recipe that I was a bit disappointed with. Again, the stew is loaded with veggies but didn't have enough flavor. I've had better luck making curry using jarred curry paste from Thai Kitchen.

Here's what I'm cooking this week:


Comments

Amy Powell said…
I'm sorry the coconut curry chicken didn't turn out all that great... I've actually been craving that particular dish for a while...

have a great week, girl :)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl