On Our Menu: March 25 - 31

Do you have any plans for Easter? My family doesn't get together for Easter and we visited Christian's family last weekend so I think we are just staying home. I'll probably go to church and then attend their Easter breakfast. Other than that, it should be a pretty laid back weekend. There's sun in the forecast and warmer weather so I'm looking forward to that. (We drove home from Milwaukee yesterday in a whiteout!) I plan on spending a bit of time cooking. For our Easter dinner I'm going to make a Glazed Lentil Walnut Apple Loaf. I've been wanting to try this recipe for a long time. Christian loves meatloaf but I can't stand it so I'm going to give this vegetarian version a shot. 

Last week I tried one new recipe:

Vegetarian West African Peanut Soup
My soup didn't come out nearly as thick as what it looks in the pictures on Kate's blog. I served it on brown rice which added some nice texture. The soup had a little kick to it from the ginger and hot sauce but it was countered by the bitter collard greens. Have you ever had collard greens? I think this was my first time trying them. The soup really wasn't that peanut-y and, in my opinion, it was a waste of good peanut butter. We enjoyed trying something new but the recipe won't be going into my "save" file. 

Here's what I'm cooking this week:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl