On Our Menu: April 29 - May 5

Warm weather has finally found us! Little patches of snow are still hiding in some of the northern shadows but you have to look very hard to find them. I spent a lot of time over the weekend getting the garden and flower beds ready for another season of growing. While I was trimming back some old flower stalks I found this cute little birds nest hiding under a pile of leaves. 


I wonder what kind of bird nestled into the comfy little cocoon night after night...

Onto to the food - last week I tried one new recipe: Asparagus & Ham Stuffed Potatoes. Christian complained that it didn't have enough ham. I tried to explain to him that meat is not supposed to be the focus of the dish; it's only an accent. Whine, whine, whine. There's never enough meat in a dish for him. I was completely happy with the dish and thought the potatoes tasted great - just the right balance of flavors and texture. There was way too much filling to stuff back into the potatoes but we just took that for lunch the next day. I didn't have fresh chives so I used about a tablespoon of dried chives instead.

Here's what I'm cooking this week:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher