On Our Menu: April 8 - 14

Last week I tried 3 new recipes (click the title for the recipe link)

Home-Style Tofu & Rice
The "30 minutes or fewer" claim on this recipe is a complete lie. We ended up eating dinner after 7:00pm because it took me over an hour to put this dish together. And in the end it wasn't even that good! After 30 min. of cooking, the rice still wasn't done. We were so hungry that we just went with the slightly crunchy rice. The dish also seemed very salty. Perhaps too much hoisin? I will not be making this again.

Slow-Cooker Pinto Bean Stew with JalapeƱo-Corn Dumplings
I'm always looking for new yummy slow-cooker recipes. Sadly, this one is not a keeper. The stew turned out bland. After adding a lot more chili powder to each dish we ended up with something that at least had some flavor. The dumplings were even disappointing. I could taste lime in a few of the bites but otherwise the dumplings were about as tasteless as the stew. 

Sausage & Peppers Baked Ziti
Finally - a winner! We both loved this quick dish and there was plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day. I can't stand when recipes use a partial box of pasta so I used a whole box of penne - 12 oz. I also used a whole package (4 links) of Amylu Sundried Tomato & Basil Chicken Sausage. Delicious! I started the pasta then worked on the other directions and everything got done cooking at the exact right time. I love it when things go so smoothly!


Here's what I'm cooking this week:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl