On Our Menu: May 6 - 12

Last week I was going to make Slow-Cooker French Onion Soup but after visiting 3 different grocery stores, I still couldn't find beef bones. Finally I asked a lady working in the meat department and she told me that all of the meat they get in is already boneless; they just chop it up and package it. Who knew! I would still like to give the recipe a try but I guess I'll have to go to an actual butcher shop to get bones.

This wasn't on my menu for last week but I ended up making Overnight Baked French Toast on Friday morning. We usually have pancakes on Saturday but Christian was going to be working all weekend but had Friday off so I whipped this up as a special treat. The recipe isn't exactly healthy but it WAS delicious. If I make it again I will use half the amount of topping because that was a lot of added sugar and when you douse the bread with maple syrup, it's really not necessary. 

Here's what I'm cooking this week:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher