Yarn Along: The Dive Lily

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.




Knitting: Lily Cardigan
I haven't made much progress on this cardigan since I last posted of picture of it which was in late February. Yikes! To be honest, I haven't been doing much knitting at all but hopefully I'm ready to get back into it. I have the bottom of the left panel, right panel, back panel and part of one sleeve done. 
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers in Colorway 2425 (love this color!) 

Reading: The Dive from Clausen's Pier by Ann Packer
Carrie's fiancé dives into shallow water and ends up a quadriplegic. Their relationship was struggling before the accident but now Carrie feels obligated to stay with Mike. The first half of the book is about her mental battle with what to do, what is right to do, and what she really wants to do. The second half begins with what Carrie decides. I won't tell you because I don't want to ruin it. While the topic of the book is somewhat gruesome, the writing is delicious and like nothing I have ever read before. I find myself staying up far too late at night just to devour a few more pages.

What are you knitting and reading these days?



Comments

I agree that that color is delicious. And you intrigue me with that book.
Hmm, pieces of knitting. That looks familiar! I look forward to seeing it all in one piece. :)

Blessings, Debbie
elizabeth said…
looks like a lovely start! here's some encouragement to finish it off ~ you can do it! :) sounds like a real page turner of a book. blessings.
karen said…
Gorgeous sweater! I bet you can't wait to finish and wear it :) Love Cascade anything these days.
Debbie said…
I love the colour! Thank you for the book recommendation, I've added it to my reading list.
A Guyra Girl said…
The colour is beautiful and I can't wait to see the finished product! The book sounds interesting, yes a gruesome subject but also fascinating in considering what you would do in her shoes.
Liz Hockamier said…
You'll finish it! :) The book sounds interesting. I just finished The Glass Castle. It was wonderful!

~Liz
debby emadian said…
gorgeous colour and that book sounds intriguing and though provoking too.
Thanks for sharing.
Debby

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher