On Our Menu: August 5 - 11

photos via eatingwell.com
I've been having problems with my innards (inflammation everywhere) so meals were void of processed food and refined sugar for 2 whole weeks. I thought maybe that would help. It didn't. So, last night we went out for pizza. Boy, do I love pizza. 

My gastroenterologist says that I have Crohn's Disease. I don't buy it. I have inflammation in my intestines but no other classic symptoms of Crohn's. He wants to put me on steroids. That's not really an option for me. I think I can manage it thru diet. He says I'm in denial. Whatever. I haven't come up with a new plan yet. I think I'll try no dairy for 2 weeks. Then after that, who knows. Maybe I'll try the Simple Carb Diet but, for someone who loves food as much as I do, that one is going to be really, really tough. Basically, all that you can eat is fresh meat, fruits and veggies. Hard.

During the past 2 weeks of no processed food we ate a lot of fresh veggies. Two of my favorite meals during that time were Grilled Steak Salad with Tomatoes and Eggplant and Grilled Portobellos with Chopped Salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about those 2 meals again. Seriously, YUM!

Here's what I'm cooking this week:




Comments

coffeeaddict said…
My cousin was suspected of having the Crohn's disease. It turned out to be a false alarm in the end and much like you it was just a case of transitory inflammation that was never fully explained. She went on a fairly strict regime of no dairy products, lean protein and complex carbs like spelt pasta combined with grains and a lot of veggies. After about 8 weeks her situation normalized and the inflammation was almost gone. I'm glad you're taking the doctors glum prognosis with the proverbial grain of salt and enjoying your meals :-) just listen to your body, it knows what's right.
Tima Murrell said…
I hope you figure out what is wrong. My friend had a misdiagnosis of Crohn's that turned out to be a gluten allergy. What ever the problem is, I hope you get some relief and feel better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl