On Our Menu: September 16 - 22

Well, it doesn't happen very often (thankfully) but last week I cooked a meal that was too gross to finish. Christian thinks this was only the second time this has happened since we've been together (7 years) so I guess my record is still pretty good! The culprit? Sweet Potato Bowl with Chimichurri. Everything about the recipe sounds good: quinoa, roasted potatoes, avocado, parsley... but put it all together and... [shudder]  I would post a photo but when I pulled it up my stomach did a little flip so you'll have to click through to the recipe if you're interested.

Luckily, I did find a new favorite last week as well: Linguine with Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese

via www.realsimple.com

I have a lot of similar recipes but this was the first time that I added toasted walnuts to pasta. Oh YUM! Unbelievable flavor! And the added crunch is another bonus. This recipe left us with a lot of leftovers which we love.

Christian's parents are staying with us a few days which means that the weekend meals are a little more planned out than they usually are. Here's what I'm cooking this week:


Comments

Amy Powell said…
yeah... I've had 2 or 3 of those types of meals. oh well... that linguine looks perfect though!

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: The Magician's Autumn

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher