Yarn Along: Owl Prisoners


I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.


Reading: Prisoners of Hope by Dayna Curry and Heather Mercer
Dayna and Heather were in Afghanistan on a mission trip before 9/11 when they were taken by the Taliban. This is the story about the work they were able to accomplish before their imprisonment and their fight to regain freedom. This is a very interesting read but not one that I can dive into right before bed.




Knitting: Blind KAL with The Copper Llama
I finished one mitt from the Blind KAL. See the little owls? This is the first time that I've added beads to a knit item; it's so easy!
Yarn: Cascade Sunseeker in Colorway 09 Deep Teal



In other fiber-related news, I recently picked up this vintage yarn winder at an auction. I had to pay a whopping $10 for it! I plan on wrapping some of my spun yarn around it and just using it as decor.


What are you knitting/reading this week?


Comments

Imagiknitter said…
Beautiful color and owls are adorable! What a great knit!
Anonymous said…
Wow impressive gloves!

Rachell - the little room of
steph said…
love the mitts!! (I'm sort of on a mitts kick at the moment....must check out that pattern!)
Cathie J said…
Love the owls and the yarn winder. I love to use items like that for decoration. Even better if they are functional.
Lovely color! And beautiful knitting. Kind of crushing on your new thrift!
fjord girl said…
The color is really gorgeous and the pattern...swoon.
I am sure these will keep you cozy this winter.

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park