Yarn Along: Candy Bridge

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along.



Knitting: I haven't been knitting much lately because my hands hurt. I still need to finish my owl mitts along with 3 other projects I have going. In the meantime, I tried needle felting for the first time. I saw cute little felted candy corn on Etsy and a friend said, "We can make those!" and so she taught me. I am smitten. 



My spinning friends and I are all spinning yarn to knit the same project. A spin along/knit along if you will. I have enough of the main color done so I washed and dried my yarn over the weekend on a nifty drying rack that I picked up at an antique store for $25. Score!



I plied together wool that was dyed green & purple with a light gray wool. I like how the yarn looks a smoky lilac color from a distance. 

Reading: I just started The Bridge audiobook by Karen Kingsbury. Her audiobooks are some of my favorites and this one quickly grabbed my attention. I'm also reading Dodge the Bullet which is a light, fun read that I got free on my Kindle.

What are you knitting/spinning/reading?


Comments

Cathie J said…
Your yarn is beautiful. Sigh, someday I will learn to spin.
Judy Trull said…
Kelly, How exciting, I didn't know you had a blog, I am totally going to be reading and following it. I didn't know you were a knitter, or even spin your own yarn..very cool, love it!
Ramona Danke said…
I just opened my gmail - first time - in a long time! I found that I've been missing your blog, Kelly:( I like it a lot!! - You're a good writer! From now on, I'll have to be sure to check in more often:)
Ramona Danke said…
I just checked my gmail - have really neglected it. - Now, when I just checked in, I discovered your blog, Kelly:) I like it a lot!! You're a good writer! - I'll be looking forward to your postings:)

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

Yarn Along: Ready Player Shawl