Yarn Along: Soldier's Wrap

I'm linking up with Ginny for this week's Yarn Along. 

A friend of mine owns a LYS and she doesn't particularly care for one color of yarn she carries. Well, that color just so happens to be my favorite - rust. She gave me a challenge this past week: make her like the yarn. So I picked out a variegated yarn that complements the color and got to knitting. 



Knitting: Autumn Capelet
Two bulky yarns held together and knit on size 35 needles. I knit a capelet like this in the past but in a single color. I like how this one turned out better.
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Baby Alpaca Chunky in Colorway 580 Spice and Plymouth Yarn Bazinga in Colorway Raz Chocolate
Pattern: My own creation

Reading: The Soldier's Wife by Margaret Leroy
This is our book club pick for December. I'm only on page 17 so I don't have much to say on it yet. Have you read it? Did you like it?



And here's the finished capelet! I really love how the variegated yarn toned down the rust color. I hope my friend loves it too!

What are you knitting/reading this week?



Update: I wore the wrap to a presentation at our library and seven different people commented on how beautiful it is. Three people asked me if I knit them to sell because they would buy one if I did. And, the best part, my friend loved it and now it's proudly on display in her LYS. I guess it was a success!

Comments

Oh, it's so pretty! I love the colors!
Donna said…
That looks great on you. Very nice colors too.
karen said…
that is adorable! who wouldn't like that?? It's in my favorite colors so I am biased I guess...
Amy said…
I love the color, it looks great on you! It would be a color I gravitate towards too!
EMMA said…
I'm sure your friend will love it, it looks great.
Kelli said…
Love the pattern and the colors!! It's beautiful!
Blessings,
Kelli
Alisa said…
so pretty and I agree the color is great!!
Deb Hickman said…
Oh my gosh, your wrap is gorgeous. I love the colour, your friend will definitely be a convert, perfect autumnal colour. Deb x
Lori Ann said…
What a great shoulder wrap - the colors are beautiful!
Leigh k said…
Adore this wrap!! Would love for you to write a pattern.. Would be wonderful with chunky and hand spun..!! *whispers* please write a pattern.. ~ xo

Popular posts from this blog

Yarn Along: Pussyhat Project

Yarn Along: Ariana Catcher

7 Days in Glacier National Park